Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Slavic Interest Group
Welcome to the home page of the Slavic Interest Group (SIG), an information
exchange for the study of Medieval history and culture in the Slavic world.
Founded as a service for members of the Society
for Creative Anachronism, this group provides information and resources
Over time, this main page and its resources have fallen gradually out of date. The used of static webpages is no longer fashionable and the activities of the group have largely moved on to social media. This page remains as a hub from which you can reach our more active areas.
From this page, you are welcome to check out our:
- Facebook Group -- our very active Facebook group is where the bulk of our activity currently takes place.
- IO Groups -- a discussion group for people who want to share information without having to use Facebook. This is a direct descendent of our long-running listerv on Geocities and then on Yahoo! Groups.
- SLOVO -- read the archive of our
retired quarterly newsletter,
Slovo, which ran for twenty-two years (1995-2017) and contains numerous interesting articles.
- KNOWLEDGE PAGES-- a series of pages devoted to
geographically-specific areas (some of these are better maintained than others).
- SCA SEIZES RUSSIA!! -- and the Slavic Interest
Group's founder, Paul Wickenden of Thanet, was there (front and center)!
- BROCHURE -- download a
copy of our brochure for
information about SIG or to give to a friend!
This page is maintained by Paul
Goldschmidt and was last revised on December 23, 2020. Drop me a line with your questions and